Friday, May 4, 2012

Arrogant Doctor

A mother in India used to call his son in UK daily reminding him to send a few more pounds so that she could do some shopping or go around in clubs with her friends. The son normally would reply, " I am trying would send as soon as possible."

The mother would yell, " You selfish!  you have forgotten how much pain we have taken to send you to the UK and now you are not helping us.  Had  we invested same amount in Bank I could fulfil all my dreams".

The  boy got tired with the monotonous daily conversation. He was sad. One day he forwarded a  story to his father requesting to read at night together with his mother.  The story goes ....

The doctor was called one evening for an urgent surgery. He answered the call, changed his clothes, reached hospital in minutes & went directly to the surgery block. He found the boy's father waiting, in the hall for the doctor.

On seeing him, the dad yelled: "Why did U take all this time to come?  Don't you know that my son's life is in danger? Don't you have any sense of responsibility?.. ."

The doctor smiled & said: "I am sorry, I wasn't in the hospital & I came as fast as I could after receiving the call...... And now, I wish you would calm down so that I can do my work"

"Calm down?! What if your son was in this room right now, would you calm down? If your own son dies now what will you do??" said the father angrily.

The doctor smiled again & replied: Doctors cannot prolong lives. Go & intercede for your son, we will do our best by God's grace.

"Giving advises when we are not concerned is so easy" murmured the father.

The surgery took some hours after which the doctor went out happy, “Thank goodness! Your son is saved!" And without waiting for the father's reply he carried on his way running. "If you have any question, ask the nurse!!"

"Why is he so arrogant? He couldn't wait some minutes so that I ask about my son's state" commented the father when seeing the nurse minutes after the doctor left.

The nurse answered, tears coming down her face: "His son died yesterday in a road accident, he was in the burial when we called him for your son's surgery. And now that he saved your son's life, he left running to finish his son's burial.

MORAL:

Never judge anyone, Because you never know how their life is & what they're going through..

More  Postings ...   







No comments:

Post a Comment